Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back To School




Personally, the end of summer and coming to
terms with the fact that the sensational
sunshine (that I wait months and MONTHS to
see here in Oregon) and all the delights the
summer season brings is nearly over is
not
an easy task for me. I am one to squeeze
every last ounce of fun and sun out of
summer right down to the very last drop
and then I shake that last little bit of
summer out just to be sure it's completely
gone. It's not an easy transition for me.
Speaking of transitions...It's:



Some of your kids have already headed back
to school. Some of you are just about to
send your kids back to school and for some
of you, it will be your child's very first
day of school and a brand new experience for
your child and you.

When you have a child who has Agenesis of
the Corpus Callosum there can be numerous
decisions and choices to make concerning
your child and School. On top of that,
there are also many concerns that we,
as parents of kids who have ACC, wrestle
with in our minds with respect to how
our kids will handle while they're in
School.

Below are some links to information about
Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum and school
that have been posted here before but may
be helpful to view again since this is the
Back to School season:

ACC & Your Child At School-Part 1

ACC & Your Child At School-Part 2

The ABC's of ACC
If you would like a copy of this document please E-Mail me.

ACC-Social Skills & Challenges
If you would like a copy of this document please E-Mail me.

ACC & Me Children's Book

Educational Suggestions For Children With ACC:
A Beginning


Considerations For Educators Of Students With ACC:
This document is written by Mr. McCallum and
he is a teacher who taught a child with ACC in
his classroom. He offers detailed and valuable
information. The web page version of this
document is no longer available. If you would
like to receive a copy of “Considerations For
Educators Of Students With ACC” by Mr. McCallum
please E-Mail me. In your e-mail it is helpful
to know if you are a parent or a teacher
requesting the information.

And now it's my turn to get my own child,
Matthew, who has complete Agenesis of the
Corpus Callosum, ready for school and get
back into the swing of school and learning.

I hope that each one of your kids will
have a very positive and fun-filled school
year. :)

I have some very fond "My Favorite Matthew
School Memories" and thought I would end
with one of them:

I opened his backpack one day after school
and found a little handwritten note addressed
to Matthew from a little girl in his very
early grade school mainstream class...


"Dear matthew

You are a smart, charming kind. You make
me have fun at resses because you play with
me. You make me so happy to have you as a
friend. You have a rilly best frind right
with you avery were you go. gas what thats
me Brenna"

from sweet Brenna"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very interested in reading your comments and
look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.